Home Superior Court 2
 Superior Court 2

Judge David N. Riggins

Closed for Lunch 12:00-1:00 pm 

Shelby Superior Court II
407 S. Harrison Street
Shelbyville, IN 46176

Phone: (317) 392-6340

Effective September 1, 2016
Shelby County is a mandatory
e-File County for attorneys.  


 Shelby County Superior Court 2

Shelby County is a MANDATORY eFile for attorneys.
To e-File visit: 

SMALL CLAIMS-Visit the small claims page by clicking the link on the right.


 Questions about plea agreements and pre-trial diversions/deferrals should be directed to the Shelby County Prosecutor's Office www.shelbyprosecutor.com


Judge Riggins was raised in Shelby County and graduated from Triton Central High School.   Following high school, he graduated from Butler University and from the Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis.  Immediately following law school, Judge Riggins continued his study of the law in a judicial clerkship under the late Federal Judge Allen Sharp in South Bend, IN.  After his judicial clerkship Judge Riggins returned to Shelby County and began a general private practice representing clients in criminal, civil, estate, and family law matters.  During his private practice, Judge Riggins was recruited and hired as deputy prosecutor in 1996.   Judge Riggins remained a deputy prosecutor until he was appointed to the bench by Governor Daniels at the end of 2010.  Judge Riggins was elected in 2014 to his current term until 2020.  Judge Riggins resides with his wife and family in Shelby County where he remains active in the community coaching his children in various sports and by being a volunteer firefighter/EMT at his local fire department.

 **Except for attorneys and law enforcement officers, no electronic communication devices are allowed in the Courtroom.   Violators may be found in contempt.**


    1. Q: I want to file a motion, what kind of form do I use?
            A:  The court cannot provide legal advice.  However, the Indiana Supreme Court has a self help form library online which you may find useful.  The link can
                 be found here: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/   
    2. Q: I have my small claims judgment, but now they won't pay.  What can I do?
            A:  You may file a proceedings supplemental.  See the small claims manual for additional information which can be found at http://www.in.gov/judiciary/2710.htm.